Hello and welcome to Hoover Elementary! We are a Kindergarten – 5th Grade Elementary School in Corvallis, Oregon. Please explore our website to find information about our school and the Corvallis School District.
Mark your calendars for this year’s Annual CARNIVAL & AUCTION: Friday, May 31st, 2019.
Your HPTO Auction Team has been busy collecting donations from locations far and wide. But our best items come from Hoover families! Are you an artist or artisan? Could you teach a class or give lessons? Offer a unique experience? From homemade craft items to vacation rentals and goodie baskets, personal donations are definitely the crowd favorites.
Please contact Jen Akeroyd (firstname.lastname@example.org) with donation items.
And, please learn more about this year’s generous auction sponsors:
- Title Sponsor ($1000): Silver Falls Dermatology & Mohs Surgery (http://www.silverfallsderm.net/mohs-surgery/)
- Gold Sponsor ($300): Wood & Hinge Dream Kitchens and Baths (https://www.woodandhinge.com/)
- Silver Sponsor ($200): Ironhead Roofing (http://ironheadroofing.com/)
- Bronze Sponsor ($100): Willamette Veterinary Hospital (https://wilvet.com/)
Volunteer Appreciation Coffee & Cookies Drive-Thru
Please come join us Tuesday, April 9th, in the Hoover Parking Lot for our Annual Volunteer Appreciation Coffee & Cookie’s Drive Thru. This is our time to celebrate all that you do to support your child’s learning and help to make our school be a success. You are incredible!
Staff will be in the parking lot on April 9th from 7:40 – 8:20 a.m. so please walk/bike/drive down and let us start your morning with a smile and a thank you! Timberhill Starbucks has donated the coffee for this event. We will have cookies for you as well.
(Please note that the coffee and cookies are only for parents.)
State Testing Has Officially Kicked Off for all 3rd-5th Grade Students at Hoover School
State Testing has officially kicked off, and Hoover students will be spending time over the next several weeks completing their assessments.
We will make an effort every week, in the Hoover Happenings, to let families know the following week’s testing schedule. Please stay aware of the day(s) your child will be testing and help them come to school well rested and ready to go!
STATE TESTING SCHEDULED FOR 4/1 – 4/12
In effort to help families stay informed, we are sharing state testing dates for the first two weeks of April (we will then be sharing the testing days weekly in the Hoover Happenings).
If you know your students will be testing, please help them to have a good night’s sleep, breakfast, and a positive start to the day!
- Tuesday, April 2nd English Language Arts Practice testing for Baker, Clocker, and Gower’s classes
- Wednesday, April 3rd English Language Arts Practice testing for Criscione, Perdue, and Sampson’s classes
- Thursday, April 4th English Language Arts Practice testing for Carter, Lafontaine, and Babbel’s classes
- Friday, April 5th English Language Arts Practice testing for Gower, Criscione, and Babbel’s classes
- Monday, April 8th English Language Arts (ELA) CAT testing for Sampson, Clocker, and Babbel’s classes
- Tuesday, April 9th English Language Arts (ELA) CAT testing for Sampson, Babbel, and Clocker’s classes
- Wednesday, April 10th English Language Arts (ELA) CAT testing for Carter, Perdue, and Baker’s classes
- Thursday, April 11th English Language Arts (ELA) CAT testing for Carter, Perdue, and Baker’s classes
- Friday, April 12th English Language Arts (ELA) CAT testing for Lafontaine, Criscione (and makeup) classes
Oregon Spellers Spelling Bee for 3rd-5th Grade Students
Hoover Elementary will once again be participating in the Annual Oregon Spellers State Spelling Bee. Our school champion will advance to the county-level competition to be held in May.
All 3rd – 5th grade students will participate in the first round of the competition on April 11th when their classroom teachers will give their students a spelling test. The top 3 students from each class (based on these test scores) will participate in the second round of the spelling bee on April 16th. These first two rounds are not open to observe
After this round the school top scorers overall will move to the final competition on April 26th. The final round competition will be an assembly in the gym and parents are welcome to come.
Our school champion from this spelling competition will go on to represent Hoover at the county competition in May.
Hoover School Science Night is April 18th!
Mark your calendar! Our Hoover Family Science Night is coming next month on Thursday, April 18th from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
We are very excited! We have so many terrific groups joining us this year – many of our old favorites (like the CVHS Robotics team) and some new hands-on experiments as well!
We also have our annual Family Challenge – this year we are doing popsicle stick bridges! Please see the attached flier so you can start planning! This flier was also sent home last week with your students.
Remember – this event is FREE and FUN for the whole family!
AHA Student Running Club Update
Kudos to our Hoover athletes who have been logging miles during Tuesday and Thursday morning recess! The school has made it 615 miles so far!
With the weather warming up, it’s a great time to come volunteer to help—we need you to keep this going. Big thanks to all who have helped so far!
Here is the link to volunteer: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080A4CACAD2CA3F58-aha
Every kid who finishes a marathon (26.2 miles) will earn a Hoover running club t-shirt (the t-shirt will be rewarded when they turn in their 30 mile card). Look for more challenges and incentives coming soon!
Upcoming Dates to make note of include:
- Thurs., April 4th
Walk & Bike to School Day
- Tues., April 9th 7:40 – 8:20 a.m. Volunteer Appreciation Coffee & Treat in the Parking Lot
- Thurs., April 18th 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Family Science Night in the gym – Free & Fun!
- Fri., April 19th 12:40 p.m. EXTRA Early Release from school for all students
- Tues., April 23rd 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. K/1st Grade Fine Arts Night in the gym
- Fri., April 26th 1:00 p.m. Final Round of Hoover Spelling Bee in the gym