Hello and welcome to Hoover Elementary! We are a Kindergarten – 5th Grade Elementary School in Corvallis, Oregon. Please explore our website to find information about our school and the Corvallis School District.
Before School Supervision Opens at 7:40 a.m.
Before School Supervision starts each morning at 7:40 a.m. As a courtesy to our families, this no-cost childcare is available in the Hoover gym. Please do NOT drop your child off at Hoover School prior to 7:40 a.m. We do not have any one on staff to supervise your child before this time.
Any students arriving on campus after 7:40 a.m. but prior to classroom doors opening at 8:10 a.m. are required to report to the gym for supervision.
Fine Arts Nights At Hoover
Hoover will host three fine arts nights during the school year. Each evening will only have two grade levels that are highlighted so that the evening will seem more personal. Parking and seating will be easier and the evening will have a less hectic feel, so feel free to invite grandparents or other special guests to the evening. Each fine arts night is being designed specifically to the developmental level of the students it will highlight so they will all look a little different. What they will include will be an opportunity for you to view the artwork your child has created, to engage in artwork with them, to view a performance, and to engage with your children around their performing arts instruction.
Mark your calendar for your student’s Fine Art Night:
- Fine Arts Night for K-1st on Thursday, December 7th, from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Fine Arts Night for 2nd-3rd on Tuesday, January 23rd, from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Fine Arts Night for 4th-5th on Thursday, April 12th, from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Helping Mrs. Roberts with Fine Arts Night:
Mrs. Roberts will need 4-5 parent volunteers to mount and hang art work for each event. If you are interested in volunteering please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Dates to make note of include:
- Friday, November 17th Hoover International Night, in the gym, from 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. (this amazing event is free and fun for the whole family!)
- Wednesday, November 22nd NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Holiday Break
- Thursday, November 23rd NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Holiday Break
- Friday, November 24th NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Holiday Break
- Monday, November 27th Annual Food & Toy Drive Kicks Off (runs through Thursday, December 7th)
- Wednesday, December 6th Walk & Bike to School Day
- Wed, Dec. 6th – Tues, Dec. 12th Scholastic Book Fair in the Media Center during school hours
- Thursday, December 7th Kdg & 1st Grade Fine Arts Night in the Hoover gym
- Thursday, December 7th Book Fair evening hours from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 8th EXTRA EARLY RELEASE for all students at 12: 40 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 12th HPTO Meeting in the Media Center from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 22nd NO SCHOOL – Winter Vacation begins
Mon. Dec. 25 – Fri., Jan. 5th NO SCHOOL – Winter Vacation