Hello and welcome to Hoover Elementary! We are a Kindergarten – 5th Grade Elementary School in Corvallis, Oregon. Please explore our website to find information about our school and the Corvallis School District.
Before School Supervision Opens at 7:40 a.m.
Before School Supervision starts each morning at 7:40 a.m. As a courtesy to our families, this no-cost childcare is available in the Hoover gym. Please do NOT drop your child off at Hoover School prior to 7:40 a.m. We do not have any one on staff to supervise your child before this time.
Any students arriving on campus after 7:40 a.m. but prior to classroom doors opening at 8:10 a.m. are required to report to the gym for supervision.
Fine Arts Nights At Hoover
2nd & 3rd Grade Fine Arts Night
Don’t forget! Join us next Tuesday, January 23rd, at 6:30 p.m. for our 2nd/3rd Grade Fine Arts Night.
Come ready for a night of musical fun as you join your child in experiencing music. Each 2nd and 3rd grade student will have one piece of artwork on display. Be sure to also stop by the art room to enjoy creating a work of art with your child.
- 2nd grade performs in the gym from 6:30 – 7:00 p.m. while 3rd grade is creating art in Room 6 and the Art Room.
- 3rd grade performs in the gym from 7:00 – 7:30 p.m. while 2nd grade is creating art in Room 6 and the Art Room.
We look forward to seeing you! It will be a night of music and art that you don’t want to miss! Please note that there is plenty of space in the gym for everyone to have a seat!
Helping Mrs. Roberts with Fine Arts Night:
Mrs. Roberts will need 4-5 parent volunteers to mount and hang art work for each event. If you are interested in volunteering please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Dates to make note of include:
- Friday, Jan. 19th (-Jan. 27th) Read-a-Thon: this is the window for students to collect sponsors for the Read-a-Thon (paperwork will come home with students)
- Monday, January 22nd 2nd – 5th Grade Assembly (Author Jane Kurtz visiting students) in the gym at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 23rd 2nd & 3rd grade Fine Arts Night in the gym from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 26th NO SCHOOL
- Sunday, Jan. 28th (-Feb. 4th) Read-a-Thon: this is the window for students to be reading their minutes for the Read-a-Thon
- Friday, February 2nd NO SCHOOL – end of semester / grading day
- Monday, Feb. 5th (-Feb. 19th) Read-a-Thon: this is the window for students to collect their pledges/money from their sponsors and return it to the school
- Wednesday, February 7th Walk & Bike to School Day (try and get to school “under your own steam”)
- Wednesday, February 7th Hearing Screenings for all Kdg/1st/3rd grade students (in the morning)
- Friday, February 9th Semester 1 Report Cards for all students will go home today (check your child’s backpack!)
- Tuesday, February 13th HPTO Meeting in the Media Center from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 16th All-School Assembly with the Wildlife Safari Animal Ambassadors at 10:10 a.m.
- Monday, February 19th NO SCHOOL – President’s Day Holiday
- Friday, February 23rd HPTO Read-a-Thon Wrap Up Celebration today (time TBD)
- Wednesday, February 28th Kdg & 1st Grade Kelso Parent Night from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.(look for more information coming home in February)