Hello and welcome to Hoover Elementary! We are a Kindergarten – 5th Grade Elementary School in Corvallis, Oregon. Please explore our website to find information about our school and the Corvallis School District.
Before School Supervision Opens at 7:40 a.m.
Before School Supervision starts each morning at 7:40 a.m. As a courtesy to our families, this no-cost childcare is available in the Hoover gym. Please do NOT drop your child off at Hoover School prior to 7:40 a.m. We do not have any one on staff to supervise your child before this time.
Any students arriving on campus after 7:40 a.m. but prior to classroom doors opening at 8:10 a.m. are required to report to the gym for supervision.
Kindergarten Enrollment for 2018-2019 Has Begun!
March is Kindergarten Enrollment Month for the Corvallis School District. If you (or a neighbor) have a student entering kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year, please stop by the office to pick up an enrollment packet!
Hoover Family Science Night Coming Thursday, April 5th
Our Hoover Family Science Night is coming next month onThursday, April 5th from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. We are very excited! We have so many terrific groups joining us this year – many of our old favorites (like the hoverboard!) and some new hands-on experiments as well!
We also have an exciting new Family Challenge this year! Please see the 17-18 Science Nite Flier so you can start planning!
Remember – this event is FREE and FUN for the whole family!
3rd-5th Grade State Testing this Spring
A parent letter went home this week with all 3rd-5th grade students sharing information about Smarter Balanced (SBAC) state testing that the students will be participating in. If you have questions about state testing, please come to the parent information session on Tuesday, March 20th, from 3:00 – 3:45 p.m. in the Hoover Media Center.
In effort to help families stay informed, we are sharing state testing dates for each week. If you know your students will be testing, please help them to have a good night’s sleep, breakfast, and a positive start to the day!
· Monday, April 2nd – OAKS Science Make-Up Testing for 5th grade students (as needed)
· Tuesday, April 3rd – English Language Arts (ELA) practice testing for Mrs. Perdue, Mrs. Babbel, and Mr. Baker’s classes
· Wednesday, April 4th – English Language Arts (ELA) practice testing for Mrs. Lafontaine, Mrs. Carter, and Mr. Criscione’s classes
· Thursday, April 5th – English Language Arts (ELA) practice testing for Mrs. Criscione and Mr. Nordyke’s classes
· Friday, April 6th – English Language Arts (ELA) practice testing for Mrs. Criscione and Mrs. Babbel’s classes
Upcoming Dates to make note of include:
- Monday, March 26th – 30th NO SCHOOL – Spring Break (through Friday, March 30th)
- Wednesday, April 4th Walk & Bike to School Day
- Thursday, April 5th Hoover Family Science Night, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m., in the Hoover Gym
- Tuesday, April 10th HPTO Meeting in the Media Center from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 12th 4th & 5th Grade Fine Arts Night, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., in the Hoover Gym
- Friday, April 20th EXTRA EARLY RELEASE for all students at 12:40 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 2nd Walk & Bike to School Day
- Thursday, May 3rd 4-H Wildlife Summit being hosted at Hoover Elementary School
- Wednesday, May 9th HPTO Meeting in the Media Center from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m
- Friday, May 25th Hoover Student Talent Show at 8:30 a.m. (more information coming home soon!) (hosted by Mr. Criscione’s class)
- Friday, June 1st 2nd – 5th grade Hoover Math Olympics in the gym (hosted by Mr. Baker’s class)
- Friday, June 1st HPTO Carnival and Auction from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Hoover gym (more information coming home soon!)