Hello and welcome to Hoover Elementary! We are a Kindergarten – 5th Grade Elementary School in Corvallis, Oregon. Please explore our website to find information about our school and the Corvallis School District.
Before School Supervision Opens at 7:40 a.m.
Before School Supervision starts each morning at 7:40 a.m. As a courtesy to our families, this no-cost childcare is available in the Hoover gym. Please do NOT drop your child off at Hoover School prior to 7:40 a.m. We do not have any one on staff to supervise your child before this time.
Any students arriving on campus after 7:40 a.m. but prior to classroom doors opening at 8:10 a.m. are required to report to the gym for supervision.
Introduction to Kelso’s Choices and Collaborative Problem Solving for K-2 Parents
Hoover will be hosting a parent night on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, from 6:00-7:00 PM in our library/media center to introduce our problem-solving curriculum to parents!
When teaching our students to solve problems we teach “Kelso’s Choices”. Kelso is a wise frog who helps children to learn the difference between small and big problems. He also helps children with nine choices for solving small problems on their own, helps them to recognize big problems and how to identify the adults they can go to for help, and helps them to identify a safety support system.
Our school is also using the research-based Collaborative Problem Solving model when students request adult support to mediate concerns. The basic tenets of this model support the view that “kids do well when they can”. We strive to use the principles of this model in every interaction with students in our building.
We would like to offer our families an opportunity to learn the same language and skills to solve problems that we use here at school. Mrs. Cox, our School Counselor, and Ms. Trosko, our Behavior Coach look forward to sharing this evening with parents of K-2nd graders.
Upcoming Dates to make note of include:
- Now through February 23rd Hoover Post Office for Students and Families
- Monday, February 19th NO SCHOOL – President’s Day Holiday
- Friday, February 23rd HPTO Read-a-Thon Wrap Up Celebration today (time TBD)
- Wednesday, February 28th Kdg 1st & 2nd Grade Kelso and CPS Parent Night from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 2nd EXTRA Early Release at 12:40 p.m. for all students
- Tuesday, March 6th Kindergarten Parent Information Night for the 2018-2019 school year
- Thursday, March 8th Hearing RE-Screenings for K/1st/3rd grade students (as needed)
- Thursday, March 8th Open Tour for 18-19 Prospective families (one tour starting at 10:15 a.m.)
- Tuesday, March 13th HPTO Meeting in the Media Center from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 14th NO SCHOOL – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, March 15th NO SCHOOL – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, March 16th NO SCHOOL – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Wednesday, March 21st Open Tour for 18-19 prospective families (one tour starting at 1:30 p.m.)
- Monday, March 26th NO SCHOOL – Spring Break (through Friday, March 30th)