Hello and welcome to Hoover Elementary! We are a Kindergarten – 5th Grade Elementary School in Corvallis, Oregon. Please explore our website to find information about our school and the Corvallis School District.
Before School Supervision Opens at 7:40 a.m.
Before School Supervision starts each morning at 7:40 a.m. As a courtesy to our families, this no-cost childcare is available in the Hoover gym. Please do NOT drop your child off at Hoover School prior to 7:40 a.m. We do not have any one on staff to supervise your child before this time.
Any students arriving on campus after 7:40 a.m. but prior to classroom doors opening at 8:10 a.m. are required to report to the gym for supervision.
Scholastic Book Fair Starts December 6!
Our Scholastic Book Fair is officially online and open for online purchases. Check out the link provided so you can preview what will be at our Book Fair, which will officially open up this next Wednesday the 6th, and start your online book shopping today!
Fine Arts Nights At Hoover
Hoover will host three fine arts nights during the school year. Each evening will only have two grade levels that are highlighted so that the evening will seem more personal. Parking and seating will be easier and the evening will have a less hectic feel, so feel free to invite grandparents or other special guests to the evening. Each fine arts night is being designed specifically to the developmental level of the students it will highlight so they will all look a little different. What they will include will be an opportunity for you to view the artwork your child has created, to engage in artwork with them, to view a performance, and to engage with your children around their performing arts instruction.
Mark your calendar for your student’s Fine Art Night:
- Fine Arts Night for K-1st on Thursday, December 7th, from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Fine Arts Night for 2nd-3rd on Tuesday, January 23rd, from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Fine Arts Night for 4th-5th on Thursday, April 12th, from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Helping Mrs. Roberts with Fine Arts Night:
Mrs. Roberts will need 4-5 parent volunteers to mount and hang art work for each event. If you are interested in volunteering please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Dates to make note of include:
- Tuesday, December 12th HPTO Meeting in the Media Center from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 22nd NO SCHOOL – Winter Vacation begins
- Dec. 25 – Fri., Jan. 5th NO SCHOOL – Winter Vacation
- Monday, January 8th SCHOOL RESUMES – 1st Day Back to School After Winter Break
- Wednesday, January 10th Monthly Walk & Bike to School Day – get to school under your own steam!
- Friday, January 12th HPTO Read-a-Thon Kicks Off Today! (look for more information coming home soon)
- Monday, January 15th NO SCHOOL – Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
- Tuesday, January 16th 4th/5th Grade Choir kicks off – will be meeting weekly afterschool (see Mrs. Epperley for more information)
- Tuesday, January 16th HPTO Meeting in the Media Center from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 18th K/1st Buddy Up! Literacy Night in the Media Center from 6:00-7:00 p.m. (look for more information coming home soon)
- Friday, January 26th NO SCHOOL (but may be possible weather make-up day if needed)
- Friday, February 2nd NO SCHOOL – end of semester / grading day