Hello and welcome to Hoover Elementary! We are a Kindergarten – 5th Grade Elementary School in Corvallis, Oregon. Please explore our website to find information about our school and the Corvallis School District.
New Bus Route Effective 10/10/18
Starting October 10th, a new bus route is in effect for Hoover. This is still a combined route with Jefferson. Hiring and training new drivers remains a priority for First Student. As updates and changes occur, we will continue to update you. Here is a link to the latest route:
Volunteers Still Needed for October – Fun Run & Sock Hop!
We have two great HPTO events coming in October and we need volunteers to make them a success! Thank you to those who have already signed up…we appreciate you! We still need a LOT more volunteers and are asking parents to please sign up to help out!
Our first event is the Fun Run on October 10th. Volunteers are needed to count laps for students and cheer them on. Please follow this link to sign up to help out:
Our second event is the Sock Hop on October 26th. This is a fun and free community-building event for our Hoover families. Please follow this link to sign up to help out: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080A4CACAD2CA3F58-hoover5
Bond Program Update: Opportunities to Get Involved
After the successful passage of the facilities bond measure last May, Corvallis School district officials immediately began preparing for the implementation of the bond program. The district has developed bond goals and a management plan to ensure transparency and ways for community members to get involved. The following opportunities are now available:
Bond Oversight Committee Composed of seven members and member of the Corvallis School Board and facilitated by a chairperson elected by the committee. Any interested individuals and especially those with experience in construction, finance, auditing, public budgeting, banking and general business are invited to apply. Key roles of the committee will be to actively communicate key information related to the bond to ensure transparency to all stakeholders and to provide fiscal oversight. The application to serve on the committee is available online and the deadline to apply is October 10. This committee will meet quarterly and the first meeting will be held October 22, 2018.
Design Guidance Teams Composed of up to fifteen members and facilitated by bond program architects. This advisory group will assist in the development of district-wide design standards for bond projects. Students, staff and community members having a special interest or expertise in the given topic (described below) are invited to apply. The concepts of equity and sustainability will be a primary consideration in all topic areas. The application to serve on this team is available online and the deadline to apply is October 15.
Teams will meet on the following dates: Workshop 1: October 24, 6:00 – 9:00 pm, Workshop 2: November 7, 5:30 – 9:30 pm, Workshop 3: November 28, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
- Safety Design Guidance Team will discuss topics such as security through environmental design, intercoms, video surveillance, and fire detection systems.
- Teaching & Learning Design Guidance Team will discuss topics such as enabling educational programs through facility design including outdoor learning, general and special education, community learning, project-based learning, career and technical education, and future ready classrooms.
- Operations Design Guidance Team will discuss topics such as custodial needs, site circulation (bikes, pedestrians, cars), community use of facilities, and infrastructure.
- Health & Wellness Design Guidance Team will discuss topics such as food services, student health services, physical education, athletic facilities, and playgrounds.
Community input will also be gathered at a Design Guidance Community Meeting on November 19, 6:30 – 8:00 pm. This will be a listening and learning opportunity for anyone who is interested in providing input on the four design guidance team topic areas. The meeting will be held at Lincoln Elementary School in the gym.
Design Advisory Committees Composed of up to twelve members including key staff, students and members of school stakeholder groups, including neighborhood association representation. These committees will be facilitated by bond program architects and will serve as advisors to the design professionals. The concepts of equity and sustainability will be a primary consideration in all topic areas. Design Advisory Committees will be established at the beginning of the design process for the school and will continue at least through the life of the project. Meeting schedule to be determined. Garfield, Lincoln, and Hoover committees will be formed in October. All other school committees will be formed in January.
Childcare and interpretation will be provided at all meetings. If you are interested in serving on a committee or design team, please complete the application available on the district website at www.corvallisbond.org.
BUS ROUTES ARE AVAILABLE!
Corvallis School District has released bus routes for the 2018-2019 school year. These are subject to change as the school year goes on, but we will always update you. You can find general information and all the district routes here. Below is the Hoover route:
Corvallis School District 2018-2019 School Year Calendar
Our district has now posted the 2018-2019 school year calendar. Follow this link to view: https://www.csd509j.net/wp-content/uploads/2018-19-Elem-MS-FINAL.pdf
Upcoming Dates to make note of include:
- Wed., Oct. 17th (lunch time) Tasting Tables – Green Peppers
- Thursday, Oct. 25th 3:00 p.m. Student Fun Run collection envelopes are due
- Friday, Oct. 26th (morning) Hearing Screenings for all Kdg, 1st, and 3rd grade students
- Friday, Oct. 26th 1:00 p.m. Fun Run Wrap Up / Celebration with students
- Friday, Oct. 26th 5:30-7:30 p.m. All School HPTO Sock Hop dance in the gym
- Wed., Oct. 31st NO SCHOOL – Parent / Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, Nov. 1st NO SCHOOL – Parent / Teacher Conferences
- Friday, Nov. 2nd NO SCHOOL – Parent / Teacher Conferences
- Friday, Nov. 9th 8:30 a.m. All School Assembly (Author Katherine Roy visiting)
- Monday, Nov. 12th NO SCHOOL – Holiday (Veterans’ Day)
- Tuesday, Nov. 13th 6:30-7:30 p.m. HPTO Meeting in the Media Center
- Wed., Nov. 14th (morning) Picture RETAKE Day
- Wed., Nov. 21st NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
- Thursday, Nov. 22nd NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, Nov. 23rd NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break