Hello and welcome to Hoover Elementary! We are a Kindergarten – 5th Grade Elementary School in Corvallis, Oregon. Please explore our website to find information about our school and the Corvallis School District.
Before School Supervision Opens at 7:40 a.m.
Before School Supervision starts each morning at 7:40 a.m. As a courtesy to our families, this no-cost childcare is available in the Hoover gym. Please do NOT drop your child off at Hoover School prior to 7:40 a.m. We do not have any one on staff to supervise your child before this time.
Any students arriving on campus after 7:40 a.m. but prior to classroom doors opening at 8:10 a.m. are required to report to the gym for supervision.
2018 – 2019 Enrollment for Returning Students
Last week we sent home an Enrollment Forecasting Sheet (on yellow paper) for all current Kdg-4th grade students. These sheets help us determine which students are planning to return for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
These forecasting sheets are due back by next Wednesday, April 25th. For those who have turned in their forms, thank you so much! For those who have not returned their forms, please send them in as quickly as possible. We appreciate your assistance.
School Facilities Bond Information
Based on the recommendation of a community-based Long Range Facilities Planning Committee, the Corvallis School Board has placed a bond measure on the May 15th ballot to address the aging infrastructure of Corvallis School District facilities. Details about bond projects are available on the school district website at www.corvallisbond.org.
The 2018 Corvallis School District Bond would address safety and security, relieve crowded schools by replacing 21 portable classrooms with permanent spaces, expanding vocational learning spaces, and providing renovation and repairs in every school in our system. Watch this short video to learn more: https://youtu.be/uOwXB2yZhow
3rd-5th Grade State Testing this Spring
A parent letter went home this week with all 3rd-5th grade students sharing information about Smarter Balanced (SBAC) state testing that the students will be participating in. If you have questions about state testing, please come to the parent information session on Tuesday, March 20th, from 3:00 – 3:45 p.m. in the Hoover Media Center.
In effort to help families stay informed, we are sharing state testing dates for each week. If you know your students will be testing, please help them to have a good night’s sleep, breakfast, and a positive start to the day!
- Monday, April 23rd – English Language Arts (ELA) PT testing for Mrs. Lafontaine, Mr. Baker, and Mr. Criscione’s classes
- Tuesday, April 24th – English Language Arts (ELA) PT testing for Mrs. Lafontaine, Mr. Baker, and Mr. Criscione’s classes
- Wednesday, April 25th – English Language Arts (ELA) PT testing for Mrs. Lafontaine, Mr. Baker, and Mr. Criscione’s classes
- Thursday, April 26th – English Language Arts (ELA) PT testing for Mr. Nordyke and Mrs. Carter’s classes (and make-up testing)
- Friday, April 27th – English Language Arts (ELA) PT testing for Mr. Nordyke and Mrs. Carter’s classes (and make-up testing)
Upcoming Dates to make note of include:
- Tuesday, April 24th Round 3 (final round) of the Oregon Spellers’ Spelling Bee (for top finalists from round 2)
- Wednesday, May 2nd Walk & Bike to School Day
- Thursday, May 3rd 4-H Wildlife Summit being hosted at Hoover Elementary School (all day)
- Saturday, May 5th Hoover School Clean-Up Day from 9am-12pm (come join us as we spiff up our school grounds!)
- Wednesday, May 9th HPTO Meeting in the Media Center from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 25th Hoover Student Talent Show at 8:30 a.m. (more information coming home soon!) (hosted by Mr. Criscione’s class)
- Friday, June 1st 2nd – 5th grade Hoover Math Olympics in the gym (hosted by Mr. Baker’s class)
- Friday, June 1st HPTO Carnival and Auction from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Hoover gym (more information coming home soon!)
- Thursday, June 14th HPTO Field Day Fun from 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 15th End of Year Assembly in the gym at 9:00 a.m. (Parents of 5th grade students are encouraged to attend)
- Friday, June 15th LAST DAY OF SCHOOL – EXTRA EARLY Release at 12:40 p.m.