Hello and welcome to Hoover Elementary! We are a Kindergarten – 5th Grade Elementary School in Corvallis, Oregon. Please explore our website to find information about our school and the Corvallis School District.
Hoover’s 2018 Carnival & Auction
Swing on over to our jungle themed carnival and auction on Friday, June 1st! The Jungle Café will open at 5pm with pizza and sandwiches and our carnival games will run from 5:30-8:00.
SPONSORED BY: CARLA ALLEN RE/MAX
Before School Supervision Opens at 7:40 a.m.
Before School Supervision starts each morning at 7:40 a.m. As a courtesy to our families, this no-cost childcare is available in the Hoover gym. Please do NOT drop your child off at Hoover School prior to 7:40 a.m. We do not have any one on staff to supervise your child before this time.
Any students arriving on campus after 7:40 a.m. but prior to classroom doors opening at 8:10 a.m. are required to report to the gym for supervision.
Volunteer Appreciation Coffee & Cookies Drive-Thru
Please come join us Thursday, May 17th, in the Hoover Parking Lot for our Annual Volunteer Appreciation Coffee & Cookie’s Drive Thru as we celebrate all that you do to support your child’s learning and help to make our school be a success. You are incredible!
Staff will be in the parking lot on May 17th from 7:40 – 8:20 a.m. so please walk/bike/drive down and let us start your morning with a smile and a thank you! Timberhill Starbucks has donated coffee and hot cocoa for this event. We will have cookies for you as well.
(Please note that the coffee and cookies are only for parents.)
School Facilities Bond Information
Based on the recommendation of a community-based Long Range Facilities Planning Committee, the Corvallis School Board has placed a bond measure on the May 15th ballot to address the aging infrastructure of Corvallis School District facilities. Details about bond projects are available on the school district website at www.corvallisbond.org.
The 2018 Corvallis School District Bond would address safety and security, relieve crowded schools by replacing 21 portable classrooms with permanent spaces, expanding vocational learning spaces, and providing renovation and repairs in every school in our system. Watch this short video to learn more: https://youtu.be/uOwXB2yZhow
3rd-5th Grade State Testing this Spring
A parent letter went home this week with all 3rd-5th grade students sharing information about Smarter Balanced (SBAC) state testing that the students will be participating in. If you have questions about state testing, please come to the parent information session on Tuesday, March 20th, from 3:00 – 3:45 p.m. in the Hoover Media Center.
In effort to help families stay informed, we are sharing state testing dates for each week. If you know your students will be testing, please help them to have a good night’s sleep, breakfast, and a positive start to the day!
· Monday, May 7th – Math PRACTICE testing for Mrs. Babbel, Mrs. Criscione, and Mr. Nordyke’s classes
· Tuesday, May 8th – English Language Arts (ELA) PT make-up testing day
· Wednesday, May 9th – Math CAT testing for Mrs. Babbel, Mrs. Criscione, and Mr. Nordyke’s classes
· Thursday, May 10th – Math CAT testing for Mrs. Babbel, Mrs. Criscione, and Mr. Nordyke’s classes
· Friday, May 11th – Math CAT testing for Mrs. Lafontaine and Mrs. Perdue’s classes. Also make-up testing time for 3rd grade.
Upcoming Dates to make note of include:
· Saturday, May 5th Hoover School Clean-Up Day from 9am-12pm (come join us as we spiff up our school grounds!)
· Wednesday, May 9th HPTO Meeting in the Media Center from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
· Thursday, May 17th Volunteer Appreciation Coffee and Cookies Drive-Thru in the Hoover Parking Lot from 7:30 – 8:20 a.m.
· Friday, May 25th Hoover Student Talent Show at 8:30 a.m. (more information coming home soon!) (hosted by Mr. Criscione’s class)
· Friday, June 1st 2nd – 5th grade Hoover Math Olympics in the gym (hosted by Mr. Baker’s class)
· Friday, June 1st SPIRIT DAY – Jungle Theme (or wear the color green!)
· Friday, June 1st HPTO “Jungle” Carnival & Auction from 5–8 p.m. in the Hoover gym
· Thursday, June 14th HPTO Field Day Fun from 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
· Friday, June 15th End of Year Assembly in the gym at 9:00 a.m. (Parents of 5th grade students are encouraged to attend)
· Friday, June 15th LAST DAY OF SCHOOL – EXTRA EARLY Release at 12:40 p.m.