Corvallis School District Bond Expo – Community Information Night April 24
We are excited to invite Hoover families and staff to the Corvallis School District Bond Expo on Wednesday, April 24. This event will take place in the Garfield Elementary School gym from 6:30 – 8:00 pm.
Families, students, community members, and staff are invited to view project plans and talk with architects and district leaders about current activities including the replacement of Hoover Elementary with a new building on our current site. Please plan to attend to ask questions and provide your feedback.
Update on Hoover Replacement School
The Hoover Design Advisory Committee (made up of parents, staff, and community members) has met two times to provide feedback to the architect team. Key messages from the second committee meeting are:
- The district is committed to a cost-effective, equitable bond program and in support of those values, the architect design team is exploring a prototype hybrid design. There will be similarities between Lincoln and Hoover’s new schools. The architect team is reviewing what features of the building can be similar on both Lincoln and Hoover campuses, with different features for the specific needs of the school community.
- Hoover will be a two-story school due to the size of the site. Scenarios for placement of the learning clusters are in discussion. Concepts include a focus on learning centered discussions, natural lighting, and access to the site’s natural area for outdoor learning.
- The pre-design work is closely tied to the Educational Specifications and the Design Guidance Principles with a focus on collaborative spaces, including specialized learning areas, outdoor learning, and gender inclusive restrooms.
- Students will remain on the Hoover campus throughout the design process and during construction of the new building.
- The design work completed so far will be on display at the Expo. Please join us and share your feedback!
You can also learn about other activities taking place throughout the district at the Bond Expo
- Garfield Elementary School will have major renovations including the addition of a classroom wing, site circulation improvements, and a newly designed secure front entrance.
- Lincoln Elementary School will be replaced with a new school building on their current site. The design work completed so far will be on display at the Expo.
- Crescent Valley High School improvements include major renovations in the Career and Technical Educational classrooms and upgrades to athletic facilities.
- Corvallis High School will have some renovations completed this summer including softball facility upgrades including replacement dugouts, new concessions, new restroom facilities, replacement seating, and repairs to the field drainage and fencing.
- Sustainability Guidelines are in development for all facilities improvements. Learn how the district is focusing on sustainable choices in our facilities improvements through the use of district-wide guidelines that support efficient use of energy and water, promote more sustainable transportation, and reduce waste in the construction process.
A weekly newsletter is sent out from Marcy in the front office via Listerv called the Hoover Happenings. The latest copy will be available here as well. These newsletters include important dates for the coming month, announcements from the school and district level, messages from HPTO, and more. Please try to read it every week!