The Hoover Design Advisory Committee met again this week as we wrap up the design development phase of the building process.
The Hoover Design team spent a lot of time, over multiple meetings, developing the site plan for the new building. Some highlights of the design plan include:
- good flow and access for multiple modes of transportation including two covered bike areas
- a multi-use path (12’ wide) with pedestrian access to the school without crossing the driveway
- a bus drop-off that is separated from the parent drop-off, and is located on the northeast end of the building
- classroom technology infrastructure is standardized, reliable and resilient including integrated sound systems and emergency communications throughout the building
- a variety of spaces for student learning, collaboration, and support for individuals or groups that are distributed throughout the building.